ESPON Newsletter 31, May 2013
Download Newsletter 31, published 13.05.2013
Dublin, 13 and 14 June 2013 - ESPON invites for a two days Open Seminar on “Territorial co-operation for growth and jobs”. The Seminar is organised in cooperation with the Irish Presidency of the Council of the European Union and takes place in Dublin, Ireland on 13 and 14 June 2013.
The event will address the main policy concerns in 2013, in particular the contribution of Territorial Cooperation towards recovery from the economic crisis as well as the development of Operational Programmes for the 2014-2020 period which is currently in a key moment.
ESPON Evidence Brief 1 “European Territorial Cooperation”
ESPON released the first Evidence Brief responding to the demand of policy makers and practitioners to produce short and informative publications that they can use for the elaboration of development strategies.
The first issue’s highlight is the role of “European Territorial Cooperation” for the development of Europe. Among others, the findings of the project TERCO (European Territorial Cooperation as a Factor of Growth, Jobs and Quality of Life) have been used to show that territorial cooperation projects promote growth, job-creation and life quality through innovative ideas and strategies. In particular, they facilitate flows of people, goods and capital, which otherwise would not cross the borders.
New ESPON tool: Online Map Finder
ESPON has developed a brand new web application to search, display, zoom-in and out, download maps as well as create a comparison list of maps.
The web application has a user-friendly interface which allows you to find a specific map resulting from ESPON projects and reports in an easy and fast way.
The maps are accompanied by an explanation and key observations for policy makers. Access the ESPON Online Map Finder: http://mapfinder.espon.eu/
Energy: NORTH SEA STAR - North Sea - Spreading Transnational Results
- Seas: Final Report of ESaTDOR - European Seas and Territorial Development, Opportunities and Risks
- Territorial scales: Draft Final Report of SCALES - Breakdown and capitalisation of ESPON results on different scales
- Green economy: Interim Report of GREECO - Territorial Potential for a Greener Economy
- Mapping Tool: Interim Report of RIMAP - ESPON Online Mapping Tool. The Lead Institution, AIDICO, produced a video to show the first beta version of the Online Mapping Tool.
- Database: First Interim Report of ESPON Database 2013 Phase II (2011-2014), Multi Dimensional Database Design and Development (M4D)
Use of ESPON
Finnish publicationESPON shows results
|ESPON Newsletter No 31 13 May 2013||DOC||1.28 MB|
|ESPON Newsletter No 31 13 May 2013||337.04 KB|